Close

Thread: EM Client...

Exclamation EM Client...

Ok so everyone gets free Outlook or upgrades with windows office...
    I used to run it then microsoft rolling out updates before verifying they are bug free, corrupted my outlook and I lost months worth of emails when an update auto installed from Microsoft...
    I had run Incredi Mail but they change the file type and if you have any issue they are very difficult to convert. so I searched and came up with EM Client which is exactly like outlook ecept a few very minor exceptions...
    In my opinion it was great...

Now fast forward...I started getting a message saying they thought I was in violation of my serial key and they said I was using it for business not as personal email...
    Well they are incorrect....It is my personal email and I get paid from a Company as a welding inspector nothing to do with owning my own site and email account server...I do not send spam e mails, and I only use it just Like I did AOL Yahoo I do not use Google email....

Well with 0 warning at all, yesterday my email program quits connecting to the internet and everything like browsers and all still worked fine...

I go to their website to dispute the reasons they cited, and good luck there...
    No customer support, no one to assist and even well after 5 plus hours still nothing, I had a daily report to email to my boss which I ended up finally logging into my servers online and then having to send from there...

Which is Total BS.....

I now have had to pay 49.00 by their Gestapo tactics to salvage my emails I have them in files and category since I deal with detail drawings and daily reports and a weekly time sheet etc....had I not needed access to all my older saved files, and also the formatting for emails I send in to my bosses....I would have deleted it all and went elsewhere...

They win this round...

For their total lack of support...the lag time ( I still have heard nothing now it has been well over twelve hours) and the fact they can shut you down without any real reason or they assume and then force a purchase...

I have to place them in the online scam section to alert others of their practices...

Beware...
    Here I Go Again...

Wow,
    I complained because you say I cant send email to my work...Really, when 99% is for my personal use, so you forced me to pay for subscription....lol then hid my thread when I called you out on it from your members and public....sounds like I live in Nazi Germany...You should do the right thing and send me a refund and allow me to use it I have installed it on many other computers to help spread your word, and this is how you treat people...wow is all I can say...may want to look into your Customer support dept...on that one...your telling me no one ever sends an email to their job and that even a single one violates your rules...I send usually one email a day with a daily report in it because my email servers are set up for my free websites...not business...whatever helps you sleep at night last 50 bucks you'll ever get from me...

Mark White

• 16 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 21 hours ago

21 hours ago

Mark White

• 16 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

http://qcinspectors.com/showthread.php/338-EM-Client
    http://freedomofspeech.cc/Discussion...ead.php?t=4949

21 hours ago

James Pinney

• 6 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

Bravo for speaking out too many things in this world are not right .. This mail program is so mixed up it will not send until I go to refresh and click sometimes it sends my emails to trash instead of sending them .. It will not download anything until I go to refresh and click like a mad man .. It just is junk what is . I have so much it makes it difficult to change.. jim p.

20 hours ago

Mark White

• 16 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

The program worked flawless for me...
    Try to save your emails in a file outside of the email program then uninstall then reinstall 7 and see what you have, sounds like software caught a glitch during install...I never saw it send to Trash...
    Good luck they may have a repair installation when you try to uninstall try that first if an option...
    Good luck...

20 hours ago

Mark White

• 16 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

also right after you do the re install or repair reboot that also is a major thing when installing software now adays...files are large keys get written to root directory and you want them correct...

18 hours ago

Jay Ogram

• 444 Posts
    • 76 Reply Likes

The more interesting questions are--

1. How do they determine what is commercial use?
    2. How do they monitor this?

If it's just based on what people post on the forum, well I guess that's OK, but there should be notification and a chance to remedy the violation. Bit if they are doing via data collection, hmmmm.

18 hours ago

Mark White

• 16 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

I had never posted before yesterday, so you tell me? I think because I own a website they thought I was using it as a business, which I am not I store things there and upload prints and such from website...for work related, but I send a daily inspection report once a day in and they say its a work email...Bull shit, Its not the same company as my website I am independent contractor and I dont get a company email address to use unless Im on the company computer...

18 hours ago

Jay Ogram

• 444 Posts
    • 76 Reply Likes

I do respect that they have a license policy, but "non-commercial" use is very vague, difficult to enforce and actually encourages people to cheat the system. I think many people would be willing to pay for a license if it could be used on multiple devices, say 2 or 3 and get rid of the "free" edition. I actually think eM Client would see a revenue increase and they would be out of the license enforcement business.

15 hours ago

Mark White

• 16 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

oh dont kid yourself they shut my serial down poof...easily then disappear and tell me I should use pro support, well yea I was forced to buy a license to continue using it even though I dint violate the policy...

15 hours ago

Mark White

• 16 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

then they hid my post and thread from view...they cant get to my websites though

7 hours ago

Olivia Rust, Official Rep

• 4734 Posts
    • 248 Reply Likes

Hello Mark,
    when you admit you use the program for work, you are admitting to not using the program for personal use. That's pretty much it.
    I closed your thread and in the generated message told you to contact sales@emclient.com if you wished to clear up any confusion.
    The sales contact is also on our website, we did not force you to buy anything.

Also, I checked in with Sales and you were notified by email that we suspect business use on your account.
    The reason for it was an out of office reply which asked for CVs, a signature linking to your profession, etc.
    Just to clear it up.
    (Edited)

7 hours ago

Olivia Rust, Official Rep

• 4734 Posts
    • 248 Reply Likes

The site is used to promote your job. Does not seem like a non-profit use.http://qcinspectors.com/showthread.ph...
    (Edited)

6 minutes ago

Mark White

• 17 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

One email a day is not professional use...also Just because I own two websites doesnt mean thats what I do for money...I use it for personal use and everything...Do you see a single thing I charge for on my websites? NOPE not one...

I never set up an out of office reply so thats bullshit right there...
    when you said this...

The reason for it was an out of office reply which asked for CVs, a signature linking to your profession, etc.

In 4 seconds

Mark White

• 17 Posts
    • 0 Reply Likes

Thats not accurate at all never set up an out of office reply in any form or fashion...
    and my freedom of speech site you gonna say thats also professional....I built the site for my kids so they could play games on a Kid safe site I could control...
    The QC Inspectors site...FYI was started because I received so many job offers from companies and had so many people asking me about work I made the site so I could stoire things like prints I work on and let recruiters and workers get together to take me out of the loop...Have you seen the site or trying to ASSUME...because if you really look at recent post you will see not a lot of traffic most post are mine and you will see for yourself...so dont come at me all righteous and stuff pleading Im a liar and all I paid you I dont feel like you dont deserve anything but I had gotten three emails like that in past and figured I wasnt doing anything wrong and a single email a day...is not for work purposes...You tell me no one else that uses your program ever sends a single email to their job or a contact they work with and Ill kiss your butt.

I like the program, and Like I said 49 a yr, I cant see 10 15 no problem...why not come up with a couple different options?

• pre
    • </>

Related Conversations

Email from my main account wont't send

• Question
    • Doesn't Need an Answer

my actavation code keeps say void what can you do for me

• Problem

What Are You Doing?

• Question
    • Answered

GMail Starred folder dissapeared after update

• Question
    • Answered

My eM Client is getting emails but when I try to send the message says No account

• Problem

Related Categories

Here I Go Again...

That's just despicable. They really have no shame. Thanks for the heads up, Mark.